What are we feeding our children?
In this book review about 50 Secrets of the World's Longest Living People, I outline some of the most common traits of cultures that live long. Sally Beare writes about Okinawa, Japan; Symi, Greece, Campodimele, Italy, Hunza, Pakistan and Bama in China. What each culture has done is to exercise and eat very healthy fresh foods. NO PROCESSED ANYTHING! The key thing she states, is that they avoid the SAD diet, which stands for the "Standard American Diet" which consists primarily of red and white meats, dairy, processed sugars, salt and refined carbohydrates. And, one of the nation's and now worlds greatest "malnutritional" vendors is MacD's above. Go to our page on Diet and Nutrition for a book with more information on what to avoid.
Here are her 50 secrets, but to get the complete story it's a must read and can be found by following this link on Amazon.com - 50 Secrets...by Sally Beare
- Eat until you are only eight parts full
- Consume five to seven servings of fresh fruit and vegis per day
- Choose buckwheat, brown rice, and other whole grains
- Eat sprouted wheat bread
- Eat meat as a treat
- Prepare your meat right? yes a very important point to read!
- Choose organic goat's and sheep's cheese
- Be full of beans
- Have a good egg
- Find good fats in fish
- Have a handful of nuts and seeds daily
- Choose the wonder oil - Extra-Virgin Olive Oil!
- Beware of fats in disguise
- Use Garlic and Onions - nature's healers
- Discover the power of crunch vegis
- Keep aging away with a salad a day
- Give thanks for sweet potatoes
- Enjoy pizza...guilt free (occasionally, in moderation whole wheat best!)
- Snack on Apricots
and 31 other great ideas!
This is a fascinating book to read and gives credance to how important it is to focus on fruits, vegis and lower our use of meat, milk and anything not produced organically. Meanwhiile, each of these ancient people are outdoors a lot getting plenty of sunshine, fresh mountain water and air, while they climb up and down hills and mountains doing daily chores.
This requires a complete return to the past...indeed! Our SAD food culture is killing us with diseases that none of these people suffer from.
What can we do? If you'd like to become more educated read below or seek out our nutritional consultant Dr. Jenn.
You have a right to be Healthy in the USA! - HealthRightUSA.org